Techwool Trading is committed to a safe work environment for the health, safety and welfare of our employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public who may be affected by our work.
Our objective is to achieve, maintain, monitor and continuously improve our systems to ensure an injury free workplace. As an integral part of this programme, a safe operating procedure for loading and unloading of trucks has been developed.
Drivers, if you haven’t been inducted please ask our staff members to help.
• Hi-Vis shirt / vest must be worn at all times whilst on site
• Ensure 5 km/ph speed limit is adhered to through the Techwool site
• Follow directions of the forklift operator when driving into loading / unloading area.
• Hand over paperwork for ( un)loading to the forklift operator and
• Determine (un)loading requirements
• Prior to unloading, Operators to inspect the load for “in transit movement” and instablility
If the load appears unstable, the forklift should be used to support the load while straps/chains/gates are released
• Remain in the any of the Designated Safety Zones or in cab whilst (un)loading is occurring.
• Speak with the forklift operator when there is a requirement to shift curtains / bars / gates or a check on the loading.
• Do not move into the (un)loading area until the forklift has come to a stop with handbrake applied, or, the forklift has moved a safe distance away (3m safety exclusion zone)
• Drivers must not close curtains on the opposite side of truck, whilst (un)loading is occurring. Forklift Operator is to cease (un)loading if this occurs
• Drivers must adhere to site traffic plans and pedestrian walkways, when moving around the site
• Upon completion of (un)loading; the Forklift Operator will advise that curtains may be closed etc., and the truck may depart from the area